Three-proof lamps refer to waterproof, dustproof and anti-corrosion, and explosion-proof lamps refer to no sparks. Some explosion-proof lamps include three-proof lamps, while three-proof lamps generally do not include explosion-proof types. If we want to know the difference between explosion-proof lights and tri-proof lights, we should know their respective concepts.
Definition of LED explosion-proof lights:
LED explosion-proof lamps refer to lighting fixtures used in risky locations where flammable gases and dust exist. They can prevent arcs, sparks and high heat that may occur in the internal structure of the lamp from igniting flammable gases and dust in the surrounding environment to meet explosion-proof requirements. . Also called explosion-proof lamps and explosion-proof lighting. Different types of flammable gas mixture environments have different regulations on the protection level and explosion-proof methods of explosion-proof lamps. Actual reference is GB3836 and IEC60079.
- Applicable to risk sites in Zone 1 and Zone 2 of explosive gas environments;
- Suitable for IIA, IIB and IIC level explosive gas environments;
- Suitable for combustible dust environment zones 20, 21 and 22;
- Applicable to environments with temperature groups T1-T6.
Definition of tri-proof lights:
Three-proof lights refer to: moisture-proof, anti-fouling, and anti-corrosion. Special anti-oxidation and anti-corrosion materials and silicone sealing rings are used to meet the protection requirements of lighting fixtures. This lamp provides anti-corrosion, moisture-proof, and anti-oxidation solutions for the circuit control board. In view of the poor sealing and heat dissipation capabilities of the electrical box, the intelligent temperature control three-proof lamp special working circuit reduces the operating temperature of the output power variable frequency speed regulator. , For strong electric isolation protection circuits, double insulation solutions for connectors ensure that the lines can be relied on. According to the specific use environment of the three-proof lamp, the safety protection box of the lighting lamp is treated with electrostatic spraying, waterproofing and anti-corrosion to avoid the intrusion of dust and moisture.
Tri-proof lights are generally used in industrial lighting requirements sites with severe corrosion, dust, sun and rain, such as: power plants, steel, petrochemicals, ships, exhibition halls, underground parking lots, villa basements, etc.
How to choose explosion-proof lamps that suit you:
The selection, assembly, use and maintenance of explosion-proof electrical appliances are all indispensable steps to ensure the long-term safety, reliability and operation of explosion-proof electrical appliances, and sufficient attention must be paid to them.
- Adopters must first understand the basic principles of explosion-proof electrical appliances and be familiar with explosion-proof signs.
- According to the level of flammability risk areas, accurately select the fire protection type, form, grade and temperature group of lighting fixtures.
- Master the usage scene conditions and working standards, and choose appropriate explosion-proof electrical appliances with various functions. For example: the protection level of explosion-proof electrical appliances used outdoors must be at least IP43. Where color identification is required, explosion-proof lamps such as high-pressure mercury lamps and sodium lamps cannot be used because the color rendering index of these two light sources is weak.
- Read the product manual in detail, understand the performance indicators, common problems and product limitations of the market, and understand the contents of all market signs. If there is an “x” mark in the explosion-proof certification serial number, it indicates that the lamp has specific usable sites. You should check the product instruction manual and factory nameplate to establish the available site regulations.
How to choose the tri-proof light that suits you:
Customarily, after all, the needs of different lighting environments may also require anti-fouling, waterproofing, anti-corrosion, explosion-proof, and moisture-proof. However, not every lighting fixture can take into account these functions at the same time. It is customary to take into account the functions. Special lighting equipment with at least three functions is called: tri-proof lamp, and there are also tri-proof lamps that are compatible with straight tube fluorescent lamps called tri-proof lamp brackets.
Dust-proof: In some special sections, there are dust-free purification regulations, which require lighting fixtures to be dust-proof;
Waterproof: Some lighting spaces have relatively high ambient humidity and need to be moisture-proof to prevent damage to the electrical parts of the lighting fixtures;
Anti-corrosion: In places such as chemical plants, where the air contains high levels of corrosive substances such as strong acids and alkalis, the lamps must have anti-corrosion requirements;
Explosion-proof type: For example, in warehouses and other sections, if you want to avoid the possibility of flammability and explosion, lighting fixtures must be explosion-proof;
Waterproof: For example, outdoor lighting venues are often likely to be washed by rain, etc., so lighting fixtures need to be waterproof.
The essential difference in key design between the two is: LED explosion-proof lights are to protect environmental safety, while tri-proof lights are to protect the service life of the lighting fixtures themselves. If LED lights are treated with anti-fouling, moisture-proof, and explosion-proof (corrosion resistance), they can be used as three-proof lights.