I don’t know if you have heard of L light source modules, many people are relatively unfamiliar with LED light source modules. But everyone is very familiar with LED lights, and many friends have LED lights at home. The LED light source module is how to make LED lights, which is the principle of LED light source production. Then let’s take a look at how to install the LED light source module.
LED modules are widely used products in LED products. There are also large differences in structure and electronics. The simple thing is to use a circuit board and housing with LEDs to form an LED module. The more complicated thing is to add some control, a constant current source, and related heat dissipation, and the life and luminous intensity of the LED are better.
It is mainly used to display the night effect of advertising fonts (acrylic, blister) and signs. It uses text or logo as the medium and is installed on the top or wall of the building. Not only can it show the effect of the logo in the daytime, but it can also use LED as the light source to show another effect at night, coupled with the LED lighting application control system, it can perform dynamic video control on the text or logo, and in some places with a strong entertainment atmosphere, LED light source modules have become one of the important choices for enterprises to display their self-image.
1. Color: According to the color type, it can be divided into three types: monochrome, color, and full-color single-point control.
2. Voltage: 12V low-voltage modules are more common. When connecting the power supply and the control system, be sure to check the correctness of the voltage value before powering on, otherwise, the LED module will be damaged.
3. Working temperature: the temperature at which the LED works normally. Typically between -20°C and +60°C.
4. Lighting angle: The LED lighting angle provided by the general manufacturer is the angle of the LED module.
5. Brightness: The brightness we usually refer to in LED modules is usually luminous intensity and lumens.
6. Waterproof level: If you want to use the LED module outdoors, this parameter is very important. Generally, the best waterproof level in an open-air environment should reach IP68.
7. Size: It is commonly referred to as length, width, and height.
8. The maximum length of a single connection: it is the number of connected LED modules in a series of LED modules. 9. Power: Basically, the power of the LED module = the power of a single LED X the number of LEDs X 1.1.
The color type can be divided into three types: monochrome, color, and full-color single-point control. Monochrome is a monochrome module. Generally, red, green, yellow, white, etc. are more commonly used; these are module products made of seven different colors, with more colors and more changes; compared with colorful LED modules, full-color LED modules mod is richer, can achieve real color changes, not only very beautiful and dynamic but also more eye-catching.
The power of a single LED can be divided into three types: low power (less than 0.3W), medium power (0.3-0.5W), and high power (1W and above). High-power modules are brighter than low-power modules. , and the use time is longer, which is the development trend of the entire LED lighting in the future, which is more practical. According to the tightness, it can be divided into two types: waterproof type and non-waterproof type. Waterproof and non-waterproof modules are mainly distinguished according to the application environment. General waterproof LED modules can be used for outdoor lighting and publicity. It will not cause problems due to water ingress and is more suitable for applications in harsh. The environment’s waterproof module is mainly used indoors.
Of course, waterproof modules are more expensive than non-waterproof modules. According to the shape of the LED, LED modules are divided into: in-line LED modules, piranha LED modules, and SMD LED modules.
The LED voltage range is 2-9v, and the power also has a wide range. The specific selection of LED depends on the technical requirements of the module as a product. For example, this LED module needs to output 10lm of light. It is better to use two LEDs in appearance, so 5lm LEDs can be selected. Combined with color (LED voltage is related to color), temperature, quality, and other factors, you can find the right LED for your product.
Instructions for use
1. At this stage, the light source used for luminous characters is mainly based on conventional settings. The input voltage is DC12V. LED light source modules with three lights, five lights, and six lights are relatively common, and DC12V output through a constant-voltage switching power supply is required.
It is the power supply, so pay attention to if there is no switching power supply installed when installing the luminous characters, Do not connect the luminous characters or LED light source module directly to the mains AC 220V, otherwise the LED light source will be burned out due to high voltage.
2. In order to avoid the long-term full-load operation of the switching power supply, the best load power ratio between the switching power supply and the LED is 1:0.8. According to this configuration, the service life of the product will be safer and longer.
3. If the modules exceed 25 groups, they should be connected separately first, and then connected in parallel to the outside of the luminous character box by high-quality copper core wires larger than 1.5 square millimeters. The length of the power cord should be as short as possible. If it exceeds 3 meters, it must be Appropriately increase the wire diameter. To avoid short circuit, the unused wires at the end of the module must be cut and pasted firmly. If necessary, use self-tapping screws to fix the non-waterproof series. When using outdoors, the groove must be waterproof;
4. there must be sufficient brightness. The visual brightness of the module spacing needs to be between 3 and 6CM, and the thickness of the characters can be between 5 and 15CM. There are two types of LED light sources suitable for luminous characters: piranhas and straw hats. The piranha luminescent module is suitable for luminous characters with a character wall height between 8-15cm.
5. in the process of using LED lighting modules, we must pay attention to the problem of voltage drop. Don’t just make one loop, from the first to the last. Doing so will not only cause inconsistent brightness between the head and the tail due to different voltages, but also cause the problem of burning the circuit board due to excessive single-channel current. The correct way is to connect as many circuits in parallel as possible to ensure a reasonable distribution of voltage and current.
6. If you need to use anti-corrosion materials inside the cavity, it is best to use white primer to increase its reflection coefficient.
LED light source module installation steps
1. The number of light source modules is estimated to be arranged at equal intervals, and the distribution of light source modules is simulated on the computer to make a preliminary estimate of the number of light source modules required. The visual brightness of the module spacing needs to be between 3-150px, and the thickness of the characters can be selected between 5-325px.
2. Calculate the power supply power, the number of LED light source modules in the design power distribution scheme budget × the power of a single light source module = total power consumption. It is recommended to leave a margin in the selection of the power supply, and use it at 80% of the rated power.
3. Install the LED light source module A: Clean the installation surface B: Stick it on the bottom of the module with double-sided self-adhesive. C: Arrange evenly and connect the wires. D: Install the letter slot panel and measure the effect. E: final product
Precautions for led light source module
1. The polarity of the LED module: the red wire is connected to the positive pole of the power supply, and the white wire is connected to the negative pole of the power supply.
2. The vertical height of the acrylic light-transmitting cover plate from the LED module should be greater than 5 cm and less than 13 cm to avoid light spots or light and dark phenomena on the surface of the cover plate; Uniformity has a great influence, and attention should be paid to the selection.
3. Working voltage: Pay attention to the consistency between the voltage of the LED module and the voltage of the switching power supply.
4. Paste firmly: Make sure that the LED module pasted in the light box is firm and reliable, and fix it with screws if necessary.
5. Wire length: The length of the power cord should be as short as possible (recommended not to exceed 3 meters), greater than or equal to 18AWG#, and the wire diameter should be appropriately increased if it exceeds 3 meters.